Oct 23, 2009

Random Randomness

Another thing I'm going to thief(v.) away from someone else's blog is a semi-regular posting called 'Random Randomness'. The idea comes from Kurt Johnston's blog, which I read regularly. Random Randomness is exactly that - short, random quips about stuff that's happened or that I have thought about. Here goes!


-Right now I'm watching 'From Russia With Love', the James Bond movie from 1963. He just slapped the Bond girl around. It seems like every time I watch a bond movie, I like his character less.


-I've recently reconnected with some old friends through the miracle of technology. It's refreshing to see the positive potential of social media in action, instead of focusing so much on the negative, narcissistic tendencies of Facebook and Twitter.


-I always find myself singing 'It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year' in October. Think about it - postseason baseball, college football, pro football, hockey, and basketball right around the corner (for those of you who like basketball). No other time of the year has that much great action going on.


-In line with the last point, it's been a bit of a frustrating period to be an Atlanta/Georgia sports fan. The Braves missed the postseason, the Hawks always stink, the Thrashers are showing potential but are unproven, UGA is playing poorly, and GA Tech is good but not great. It looks like all our sports hopes must be pinned on the Falcons, who look pretty good right now.


-I'm glad these last two weeks are over. Last Sunday I taught Sunday school, led worship, and preached. There was so much work on top of all my regular responsibilities that I just felt drained all this week. Yesterday afternoon and today are me-and-wife R&R time. So, I better quit typing and get back to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment